Central/South central Wyoming and far northwestern Colorado. Wyoming Basin shrub steppe within the desert and xeric shrublands biome.
- Fire ecology and impacts on sagebrush
- Invasive grasses and forbs
- Domestic grazing, free-roaming horses
- Sage-grouse ecology
- Grazing in coniferous grasslands
- Extractive industries and infrastructure
This subregion is sparsely populated and WUI concerns are minimal.
Partners: University of Wyoming Extension, Medicine Bow/Routt National Forests, Bureau of Land Management
Dr. J. Derek Scasta, University of Wyoming Agricultural Sciences Extension
firstname.lastname@example.org – 307-314-2615