- This event has passed.
Salvage Science Summit Webinar
December 7, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm MST
Consolidated (Day 1 and 2) recordings and resources from the event https://www.nrfirescience.org/event/salvage-science-summit-2-technology-and-ecology.
About this event
- Mike Battaglia (RMRS)- Regeneration in Engelmann Spruce Forests Following a Spruce Bark Beetle Epidemic and Salvage Harvest
- Chuck Rhoades (RMRS) – Ecosystem Effects of Salvage Logging – Colorado Case Studies
- Pete Robichaud (RMRS) – Streamside Buffers, Skid Trails and Dirty Water: Understanding Their Role During Postfire Salvage Operations
- Alex Rozin (NP-C NF) – Post Fire Soils and Salvage Operations
- Lisa Ball (USFS R6) – Logging System Considerations in Fire Salvage
- Loren Kellogg (OSU) – Fire Salvage Forest Operations: A Contractors Perspective
- Darren McAvoy (USU) – In-Woods Biochar Production Using Big Box Kilns
- Phil Monsanto (Mt Hood NF) – Air Curtain Burners: Application in Postfire Recovery
All presentations have been recorded prior to the event. On December 7th, presenters will share an overview of their recorded presentation followed by discussion/ Q&A session. Please review the presentations ahead of time and come prepared with questions to discuss!
This webinar series will be recorded and posted to the Northern Rockies Fire Science Network YouTube channel.
This series has been approved for 3 CAT 1 continuing education credits through the Society of American Foresters. CE recipients will need to submit their name and CF number to firstname.lastname@example.org after participating in the series.