May 28, 2015 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Time listed is Eastern Time.
Join the IAFC’s Ready, Set, Go! Program for an online panel discussion about Fire Adapted Communities (FAC). You'll hear from a fellow RSG member—as well as other experts—who have successfully implemented strategies to become a fire-adapted community.
Panelists will explain:
- What it means to be a fire-adapted community
- How the RSG! Program supports your FAC outreach
- What FAC Coalition partner resources are available
- How AMS helps with FAC outreach and its importance as a resource
- Learn how to implement the RSG! Program as a step toward becoming more fire-adapted
- Become familiar with other FAC programs and how they support your efforts
- Gain ideas from fellow members on what’s been successful in their FAC outreach
The panelists and RSG staff welcome participant questions during the presentation. Panelists include:
- Caitlin McGuire – IAFC’s Wildland Fire Program Manager
- Mike Davis – Fire Management Officer, Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests
- Frank Riley - Executive Director, Chestatee/ Chattahoochee RC&D Council